Pre-Valentine Surprise

I am quite anxious to go skating tomorrow. Due to the extremely low temperatures, the lakes, ponds and some rivers in CZ are frozen. To take advantage of this natural phenomenon, we have planned on going to Stara Lysa to go skating with some friends.

I don’t own skates simply because I couldn’t skate. Prior to having Jakub, we used to go ice skating at the Pasadena Ice Skating rink with some friends.  All I can remember was I fell so many times.    If not for my husband’s presence I wouldn’t have enjoyed it.  I only managed to go through the rink a couple of times since Jiri was always holding my hand, or I was always holding the rails.

Back then, I looked like I knew what I was doing because Jiri was holding my hand.

The other day, my husband gave me a pre-valentine gift by buying me my own pair of skates and some winter sports gear. It is such a pleasant surprise.

Somebody's more eager than me to open my present.
My brand new skates
More winter snow gear for other snow related stuff. wink*, wink*

There will be no more rails  to hold come Saturday. I’m praying that my legs will hold me steady enough not to fall so many times. Otherwise, I may depreciate the value of these items long before I enjoy them.

8 thoughts on “Pre-Valentine Surprise

1. Kat February 9, 2012 / 11:41 pm

Hello, Tara Lipinski and Bob the Builder! ( Or Moira Kelly and D.B Sweeney in Cutting Edge!)

• Grace February 10, 2012 / 2:29 am

lol…..favorite baya na ako ang cutting edge sa una.

• sikat101 February 10, 2012 / 6:27 am

Ako pud. 😀

2. Yen Yen February 12, 2012 / 12:25 am

I did tried once this but end-up of saying no! I guess it called me no interest but I admit it was fun and awesome feeling.:)

Please follow my blog at http://www.chikawithyeneyes.wordpress.com or Bloggeryenyen.

Best regards,
    Blogger yen yen:)

• Grace February 14, 2012 / 7:46 am

You should try it again. It’s only scary in the beginning but once you find your balance, the fun begins.

3. ginee1101 February 14, 2012 / 5:59 am

hahhaha good job on the head gear! and what a fancy pair of skates! murag snow board shoes!

• Grace February 14, 2012 / 7:45 am

That’s what I like about those skates. Mura sad sya’g ski boots…and it is very comfortable. Mao jud, ako ra naay helmet. But I’d rather look stupid than end up with a fractured skull. Safety first is my motto. 😉

4. Rich Prugh March 6, 2012 / 7:45 am

I have been checking out a few of your articles and i must say pretty clever stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.