Dreaming of Spain

As the days become better and brighter, I cannot help but dream about vacation destinations.   After living in the center of Europe for almost 2 years now, I really miss the sea.

Photo courtesy of gospain.about.com

As I was searching for European beach destinations, Spain has piqued my interest.  But it isn’t only because of its beaches.  A lot of it has to do with my home country’s history.    For three hundred years, the Philippines was under Spanish colonial rule and a lot of what we have now came from the Spaniards.  Shown below is a picture of a street in Vigan, Northern Philippines, which somehow gives you an idea of what the Spaniards have left behind.

Not only did they leave us with historical buildings, but our language in itself is interlaced with a lot of Spanish words.  I would love to see and experience the country that gave us all these.

Source: images.nationalgeographic.com via Elaine on Pinterest

As of this time, I still don’t know when we will be able to go, but it is definitely on my bucket list.  Luckily, I found this great site    that offers good deals on hotels, flights, and everything that has to do with travel.  So perhaps one day I will get there.  But for now, I’ll just keep on dreaming.

10 thoughts on “Dreaming of Spain

1. Naomi Baltuck April 25, 2013 / 8:50 pm

Dear Grace,
    It would be wonderful if you could go to Spain, and gain a better understanding or feel for your origins. One day I would like to go to the Ukraine, to see the land that my father’s parents came from. We have to keep the bucket list current and handy, keep your overnight bag packed in the closet by the front door, and keep your eyes and ears open for just the right opportunity, because you never know when you might get the chance!

• Grace May 2, 2013 / 10:02 pm

Such nice words, Naomi. Thanks for the encouragement!

2. 68ghia April 25, 2013 / 9:15 pm

Many things can happen grace 😉
    One of them may even be a visit to Spain!!
    Hope you get there soon 🙂

• Grace May 2, 2013 / 10:03 pm

Thanks, JC! I really do hope so too. 🙂

3. Jennifer April 26, 2013 / 12:36 pm

Crossing my fingers that you will be able to go there soon 🙂

4. lauriekozlowski April 26, 2013 / 5:18 pm

Hi Grace. The sea would be divine right about now. Your beautiful picture of it has me wanting to go too. Thanks for sharing a little part of your heritage’s history. I have never been a fan of history facts, but when it is weaved into a personal experience with thought I enjoy reading it. Wonderful post. I would like to thank you for stopping by and liking my blog post today. I enjoyed yours also. Hope you have a lovely day and your dream becomes possible soon.

~Laurie Kozlowski

5. Dilip May 1, 2013 / 12:21 pm

Spain is a culturally strong country. People are friendly and cordial. Nice holiday destination.

• Grace May 2, 2013 / 10:06 pm