The Art of Waiting

I only have one week left before I get to meet my daughter. Somehow, it seems like such a long wait. I am quite excited and nervous at the same time. To keep me occupied, I have busied myself arranging and re-arranging both of my children’s rooms. My nursery is still unfinished at this point since I am still missing one more detail.

Anyway, here are pictures of my son’s bedroom now.

jroom4

I didn’t want to do any painting so I decorated the bare walls with decorative stickers instead.

jroom2

The windows currently have automatic electronic blinds, but somehow I feel like it may need some curtains.  But the thing is, this house is passive and we need to absorb the light from the sun as much as possible, so I am still re-thinking it.

Anyhow, I’ve also been trying to eat healthily these days since I am really HUGE now.  I’ve already gained 15kg (33lbs), and for someone who’s short, that is not good.

Anyway, I found this all-natural juice from my neighborhood store and I’m loving it now.

apple juice

With one more week to go, I hope I don’t gain any more weight. Otherwise,  I may be running like crazy after my daughter is born just to shed off all the weight I’ve gained.

17 thoughts on “The Art of Waiting

1. Naomi Baltuck October 7, 2013 / 5:20 pm

The room looks like lots of fun. I want to jump into that bin of balls! I was never in a hurry–always a little glad for the extra time to get one more thing done, and then when the baby came, I was just as happy to have that little punkin in my arms. This is an exciting time–am eagerly awaiting your happy news! Best wishes, Naomi

• Grace October 7, 2013 / 5:25 pm

Thank you so much, Naomi!

2. tableofcolors October 7, 2013 / 7:33 pm

Good luck with everything! The decorative stickers are really nice!

3. 68ghia October 7, 2013 / 8:17 pm

Oh man!! Such an exiting moment!
    Good luck Grace 😉
    The young man’s room looks lovely. As for curtains, you can still have them, just open them every morning. I love curtains – makes such a difference to any room.

• Grace October 10, 2013 / 9:44 pm

I will probably start to seriously consider the curtains next year. For now, I have a lot on my plate. Thanks, JC!

4. btg5885 October 7, 2013 / 10:49 pm

Grace, all the best. The room looks charming. Take care, BTG

5. Mylene October 8, 2013 / 4:06 am

I love the owls! She’ll be here before you know it. 🙂

6. Mylene October 8, 2013 / 4:07 am

Love the owls! She’ll be here before you know it!

• Grace October 10, 2013 / 9:43 pm

Thanks, Mai! It was the first sticker that caught my attention in the paper shop.

7. MELewis October 8, 2013 / 6:50 pm

I say forget the curtains – you’ve got clean space, bright primary colors and lots of natural light. Just what baby needs! Bonne chance!

• Grace October 10, 2013 / 9:42 pm

You got a point. I’ll probably leave it bare for now. Don’t have a lot of time on my hands anyway. 🙂

8. Son of Sharecroppers October 16, 2013 / 9:52 pm

A very fun room! I had never before heard of automatic electronic blinds. How very interesting!

• Grace October 17, 2013 / 9:55 am

Not sure if it’s new technology, but I find it pretty common here and in Germany.