New Baby, New Hairstyle

I have been contemplating about chopping my locks. With the impending birth of my little one, I just know that I wouldn’t have enough time to take care of everything, including my hair. Staying at home and caring for kids look easy, but it is honestly the hardest job I ever had.

So yeah, I want to cut my hair and leave it at a length that’s easier to maintain.  Plus, it’s all just going to fall off anyway.  I remember that a few months after I’ve had Jakub, my hair just started falling off.  I almost went bald.  Ok, that’s an exaggeration.  But as you can see in this picture, I did have a bald spot.

IMG_2995

It is one of the downsides of having a baby.   As if the weight gain, sleepless nights, and lack of energy is not enough.

A few of the mom friends that I know over here had really short haircuts after they had their babies.    It must be another unique Czech practice, I think.  Or maybe I just started noticing it now since I am in the company of moms.    Most of them had pixie hairstyles.   But they can very well pull it off since they have the face to match it.  Czech women are pretty.

As for me, maybe I’ll just stick to something like this.

bob short

I’ve never really looked good in short hairstyles, but it has to be done.

For all  you moms out there, did you have to cut your hair after having your baby(ies)?

12 thoughts on “New Baby, New Hairstyle

1. Sara September 3, 2013 / 5:42 pm

You don’t HAVE to cut your hair. I kept my long hair after my first baby was born and it was fine. But if you don’t like yourself with short hair shoulder length is a good compromise. It’s still sort of long but short enough to save time.

• Grace September 4, 2013 / 11:28 am

Maybe something that can still be fixed into a ponytail can be a good compromise. Thanks for the comment, Sara!

2. 68ghia September 3, 2013 / 6:29 pm

It’s been a long time since I was a mom, but I can almost guarantee you. That hairstyle, lovely as it is, is a lot more work than your current long hair. Either go very short, or leave it long – otherwise it will just bother you the whole time.
    But, it’s your choice Grace, and your hair – as long as you are happy with it, nothing else matters 😉

• Grace September 4, 2013 / 11:30 am

Could be true. Looks like it does require a lot of blow-drying and styling. Hmmm…Thanks for the comment. I still have time to think about it. 🙂

3. completelydisappear September 4, 2013 / 2:18 am

I’m not married and I don’t have a kid. But I’ve never thought that being at home, raising kids is an easy job. For me, being housewife and nurturing kids are the most difficult task in the whole wide world because it will never ends, not like other jobs.

• Grace September 4, 2013 / 11:31 am

True. Thanks for visiting my blog.

4. Jeanie September 4, 2013 / 10:29 am

Grace you’re so cute you can pull off any hairstyle. With two little ones you need to do whatever will make your life easier. Anyway if you don’t like it, it always grows back. Mine is down below my bottom now and I am very seriously thinking about bobbing it, and I don’t have little ones.

• Grace September 4, 2013 / 11:33 am

Thank you so much for the vote of confidence, Jeanie! 🙂

5. sixdegreesphotography September 8, 2013 / 1:57 pm

As a Mom to 5 I always kept my hair shorter as it was easier..when they got older, the hair got longer 🙂
    That’s a really cute style!
    Lynne

• Grace September 8, 2013 / 10:10 pm

🙂 It might happen to me too.

6. Naomi Baltuck October 2, 2013 / 3:43 pm

My mom cut here after after the third child. I kept mine long, but it was permed, so I didn’t ahve to do a thing with it. I think you should do whatever is easiest for you. You are a lovely woman, and will look good no matter what you do with your hair.

• Grace October 3, 2013 / 7:12 pm

I already had it cut like the one in the picture. So far, my husband likes it, so I think I’m ok with it for now. I love the fact that it only takes a few minutes to completely dry it out.