Snow Freaks

My son is now sick. I think it’s my fault. I must’ve overindulged him in too much snow.  I did get what I wished for.  We had a good amount of snow these past few days.

IMG_2947

After seeing this much snow from my son’s bedroom window, it was only natural for him to want to go outside and play.

So last Friday, I took him out for a long walk in the woods.

IMG_2952

It was -4C that day, but the cold did not seem to bother us.  We were having fun!  We crossed the woods to get to the other part of town.  Everytime we find a little inclined space, we take advantage in sliding downhill on his sled.

By the time we got home, he was literally spent.  He didn’t even wait to get to his room.  He just crashed on the sofa.

IMG_2939

This past weekend, we went skating with some friends.  Because he is still too young to skate, we placed my son on a sled so he can still enjoy the ice with us.   It was very cool.  Unfortunately, that didn’t do him well.  He got cold.  And because he was also tired, getting sick was inevitable.

IMG_5428

Now I am nursing him back to health.  Hopefully, we can cut the “down time” so we can enjoy the snow all over again.

14 thoughts on “Snow Freaks

1. Naomi Baltuck January 29, 2013 / 7:47 pm

Wishing your son a swift recovery. I’m sure if you asked him, he would say it was worth it! I loved the snow pictures.

2. adinparadise January 29, 2013 / 10:03 pm

Looks like you all had so much fun in the snow. Wishing your son a speedy recovery, Grace. 🙂

• Grace January 30, 2013 / 11:03 pm

Thanks, AD! He’s getting better. 🙂

3. morristownmemos by Ronnie Hammer January 30, 2013 / 3:31 am

Don’t blame yourself for that sweetie getting sick. He’s building his immunity and will be stronger for it!
    You now have a great opportunity to read stories to him; always such fun.

4. Loving Language January 30, 2013 / 5:05 am

It looks like fun! Kids get sick for whatever reason. One of my kids gets sick every time she gets overtired. The other hardly gets sick. Neither is related to weather.

• Grace January 30, 2013 / 11:05 pm

I guess I’ll just have to get used to this. Thanks for the insightful comment.

5. 68ghia January 30, 2013 / 8:42 am

Poor thing – both you and him!!
    Hope the young man gets better soon Grace!

6. tableofcolors January 31, 2013 / 9:04 pm

Hope he feels better soon so you can go out and play again! 🙂

7. Gunta February 5, 2013 / 3:28 am

Looks like fun! And hopefully he’s feeling better already.
    I love the stairs that show in the one picture. They look so elegant.

• Grace February 5, 2013 / 10:48 am

He’s feeling better now. I just dropped him off to school this morning.
      Yep, I love those stairs too. Ironically, it’s one of the cheapest varieties from the catalog that we were shown. I wanted something that is simple to match the modern minimalist design that I was hoping to do in the living room. I’m glad you liked it. 🙂

8. patinaandcompany February 5, 2013 / 9:40 pm

Pretty sure that a child getting sick is NOT your fault, but typical of children that age! Looks like a lot of fun getting sick, though.